Sunglasses: they're timeless, classic, and fun!
They're trendy, and knowing what's hot in any given season will give you the upper hand on your fashion-forward friends. After all -- who said you can only have one pair of frames? We think they're a great way to dress up your outfits, protect your eyes and look great at the same time! This year, it's all about going big or going home when it comes to sunglasses. Below are a few trends to be on the lookout for this year.
Colored Sunglasses Are In
Say goodbye to standard tortoiseshell or black frames: bright colors are all the rage this year. The runways are filled with durable frames in bright colors (think indigo blues, sharp reds, hot pinks, etc.). Look closely and you'll also see a selection of patterned and multi-color frames. Ideal for dressing up an outfit with a pop of flair, these funky frames are a major statement accessory.
Frame Styles Are Changing
There are a few sunglass frame styles that are iconic: the aviator, the square glass, the round lens, etc. Today, though, sunglass makers are playing around with dozens of unexpected shapes and sizes. Here are a few to be on the lookout for:
• Large Cat Eye Frames. The cat eye frame is coming back with a vengeance -- especially for spring 2020. Designed to elongate the face and offers some whimsy to any outfit, this frame style offers a retro look that lots of people love
• Extreme Cat Eyes. If you love the cat eye, take it a step further by looking for extreme cat eye frame, or those that are more angled and sharp. Offering maximum drama in a small package, these are a hip option for a vacation or sleek going-out outfit.
• Rectangular Frames. Rectangular frames are a little more subdued than today's cat eye options. The frames on these glasses are generally thicker and larger, offering either a solid or bi-color look.
• Round Glasses. You can thank The Beatles for this one. If you haven't already noticed, small round frames have made their way back, even without the help of John Lennon. Often boasting wire frames and coming in a variety of sizes, these are a Steampunk-inspired statement accessory that can add some flair to any outfit.
• Drop Temple Frames. Drop temple frames use a lower handle, that drops between the frames and the ears. Common on oversized glasses, this is an easy-to-wear style that's a little less dramatic than many of the other options for spring frames.
Yellow Lenses Are In
Warm yellow lenses are a daring choice but work well on the right skin tones and with the right outfits. If you were paying attention to any of the spring runway shows, you would have seen dozens of these stunners on runways like Dior and Acne Studios.
Fun Sunny Style For Summer 2020
Summer 2020 promises to be anything but boring when it comes to sunglass style. From huge, over-sized round options to teeny-tiny cat eyes, yellow lenses, and bejeweled frames, there are dozens of ways to dress up your outfits, add interest to your style, and protect your eyes all at once!
What are you waiting for? Get shopping!